“Urgent Regulation for Eliminating Lead in Paint- 2017”
ESDO has successfully conducted the Policy Dialogue on eliminate lead in paint in Bangladesh today at ESDO’s office. High officials from Department of Environment (DoE), Bangladesh Standard and Testing Institute (BSTI), WHO, Bangladesh Paint Manufacturers Association- BPMA, several paint companies (local and multi- national) have made this dialogue a success.
Few Glimpses of the Event;
- Shahriar Hossain, Secretary General of ESDO, delivering the introductory speech at the policy dialogue today
- Syed Marghub Murshed, Chairperson of ESDO, Abu Jafar Mahmood, Proffessor (Retd.), Dr. Shahriar Hossain, Secretary General, ESDO, Siddika Sultana, Executive Director, ESDO has launched the study report on “Lead Enamel Household Paints in Bangladesh-2015” (that has been translated into Bangla)
- Shamsul Gafur Mahmud, National Professional Officer, WHO has made some inspiring remarks on the initiatives taken by ESDO for lead elimination project.
- Engineer Abdur Rahman, Vice-President of Bangladesh Paint Manufacturer Association- BPMA has been with ESDO’s lead elimination project since the very beginning.
- Jahora Sikder, Deputy Director of BSTI has made some valuable remarks on setting 50 ppm as the limiting standard for lead in paint
- Shahin Sultana, a representative from Department of Environment (DoE), actively participated the policy dialogue